We're happy to invest in your future.
Amount: $1,000 (renewable for 4 years)
Eligibility: Winner chosen from the Presidential Scholarship pool
Larry R. Miller Scholarship
The Larry R. Miller scholarship recognizes exceptional achievement and creativity that has enhanced a student's professional growth. Nominees are leaders, active participants, and have accomplishments in their department, school, college and/or University activities. They are also honest, show integrity, have high moral and ethical standards, a positive attitude, and are committed.
- Undergraduate student enrolled in a CAST major
- 60 hours of credit course work (30 completed at Illinois State)
- Must have at least two more semesters of study remaining
- GPA 3.00 or higher
- School or department faculty complete a nomination form
- Student obtains two recommendation letters from full-time faculty or staff supporting their personal qualities and accomplishments
- Student completes and submits student nomination form and letters of recommendation
The CAST award committee selects the final recipient.
CAST Internships in Washington, D.C.
The Washington D.C. scholarship covers the cost of housing for high-achieving students who want to complete an internship with an executive, legislative, or judicial organization in the nation's capital.
Apply for the D.C. Scholarship
- At least 75 credit hours by the end of the current semester
- GPA 3.25 or higher
Graduate Student Eligibility:
- At least 16 credit hours
- GPA 3.50 or higher
The SoLA scholarship recognizes students completing an internship at Miller Park Zoo. Preference is given to students who want to pursue a career with animals.
- Junior or senior
- GPA 2.5 or higher
Include a cover letter detailing your career goals.
More Funding Opportunities
Illinois State offers several scholarships to support your academic journey. See what's available and how to apply.