In keeping with our commitment outlined in the CAST strategic plan to building an equitable and inclusive community and a culture of collaboration and belonging in the college and university, CAST Grants for Innovation in DEBI should act, inform, and/or teach strategies to increase belonging and engagement to marginalized and historically underrepresented groups, increase awareness of appreciation for a diverse and inclusive community, and inform the CAST community on issues of social justice, diversity, and intercultural communication.Apply for a DEBI grant
Grants for Innovation in Diversity, Equity, Belonging, and Inclusion (DEBI)
Varies (maximum request of $5,000)
First Monday of October
CAST faculty and staff can apply.
- Grant funds are intended to be used within one fiscal year.
- Proposals can range in size depending on the scope, with a maximum request of $5,000.
- Funds must be transferred to a campus account; meaning that applicants must be a part of a CAST Department/School.
- Existing events or activities that are funded through another mechanism will not be prioritized. For example, CAST Grants for Innovation in DEBI cannot be used to fund faculty/staff salary, professional travel, publication costs, or conference fees.
- Establishment of a learning community to promote DEBI through a facilitated reading group, series of workshops, or training.
- Creation of resources that expand access, support diverse populations, and advance inclusion and belonging.
- Innovations in teaching and research that aim to promote DEBI.
Proposals must contain the following:
- The names of the author(s), Department/School and contact information.
- A two-page (maximum), double-spaced proposal containing the following information: Project description, objectives, timeline for implementation, dissemination and assessment, significance to diversity and inclusion, and a detailed budget.
Notifications will be emailed on December. Projects can begin once grant recipients have been notified.
Project award monies must be spent by June 30.
Recipients must submit a Final Report via email to cerabe@IllinoisState.edu after the conclusion of the project but no later than July 31.
The final report should include a narrative description of who participated, a brief assessment of outcomes (intended and unintended), and future plans for engaging diversity and inclusion efforts and a financial record to include all expenditures and receipts.