The CAST Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher Award project category recognizes a significant research project conducted by CAST graduate students (individual or team).Apply or Nominate for the Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher Award - Project
Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher Award - Project
First Monday of October
Research project must have been completed within the past year.
Include the following information and materials.
The complete project must include:
- Comprehensive description
Your resume must include your mailing address, email, and phone number.
Letter of support from a faculty member
Include one letter from a faculty member that addresses the following issues:
- The quality and validity of the research
- The importance of the research to the discipline
- The level of participation in the project of the student(s)
- Any presentations or publications that came from the project
The CAST Research Committee (CRC) reviews each entry. Research is evaluated using the following criteria:
- Quality and validity of the research work
- Clarity and explicitness of research documentation
- Significance of the research to the field of study
The review will be completed and announced on or before November 1 each year. All entries will be ranked. The highest ranking project will receive the CAST Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher Award, project category. The CRC may choose not to make the award in a given year.
Each department may submit one entry. The use of department guidelines in determining the entry from each respective department is encouraged.